LOCATION: Newburyport, MA
FULL TIME: 8 am- 4 pm M-F
SALARY: $85,000 - $90,000
- · Document not-for-profit unique financial reporting requirements and maintains work papers consistent with new accounting standards.
- · Assists in preparation and analysis of the annual audit ,990 filings, UFR and related tax reporting.
- · Assist the Controller with the day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the Finance department including budget review and analysis.
- · Review the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately.
- · Record the processing of cash receipts, record revenue and receivables and work closely with the operations team to ensure that revenues and receivables are reconciled at any given time.
- · Perform the processing of functional expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- · Prepare and maintain audit schedules throughout the year pertaining to assigned areas of responsibility for use by independent auditors.
- · Prepare final financial statement packets. Also prepare monthly reports to CFO/Controller.
- · Investigate budget variances by contacting department heads to identify issues and, if necessary, aid in understanding the variances to assure the financial reports are stated appropriately.
- · Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, accruals, prepaid expenses, and intercompany reconciliations.
- · Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
- · Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- · Identify opportunities to streamline processes to increase timeliness, efficiency, and improve the accuracy of financial reporting.
- · Oversee the Finance Administrative Associate in job responsibilities.
- · Responsible for special projects as assigned by CFO or Controller.
- · Correspond professionally with all levels within and outside the organization.
- · Other duties as assigned.
- Strong commitment to quality; strong sense of teamwork; sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or 8 years’ experience in the position of Accounting Manager
- Demonstrate strong not-for-profit and other U.S. GAAP accounting knowledge and experience to apply in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Must be able to prepare journal entries and complex underlying supporting schedules and documents with ability to explain such analysis to non-financial staff.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles related to classifying, recording, and summarizing data and making computations to compile financial records.
- Solid understanding and demonstrated proficiency of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to provide exceptional service to our organization with a high professional demeanor and ability to handle matters confidentially.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively communicate with all levels including staff, team members and team leadership.
- Excellent organization and time management skills. Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, VLOOKUP’s and Pivot tables.
- Experience with NetSuite preferred.
Position will require moderate sitting, standing, walking, and occasional driving to run errands. On a weekly basis, the approximate standards include the following and are dependent on required workload:
- ̶ Sitting 65%
- ̶ Standing/Walking: 25% or more
- ̶ Lifting: 1% or more
- ̶ Twist/Turn/Squat: 5% or more
- ̶ Forearm Rotation: 4% or more
- ̶ Transportation: Only as needed depending on responsibilities
*Eligible starting the first day of employment*
- Medical, Dental, Vison
- Flex Spend Account
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 403b Plans
- Up to 140+ hours of PTO available (must be eligible)
- Sign On bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement