SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: The Registered Nurse reports to the Director of Nursing
COMPENSATION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt; salaried
1. Ensures timely medical, dental, and psychiatric care is provided to individuals in their assigned caseload; coordinates medical evaluations and other consultations, as required.
2. Establishes and maintains individual’s medical records, including but not limited to: medication sheets, health care provider orders, protocols, and care coordination documentation.
3. Obtains medical reports and treatment plans from the individual’s primary care physicians.
4. Provides on-going training and in-service education to management and staff regarding general medical and psychiatric diagnoses, as well as individual-specific protocols as necessary.
5. Advises the Program Manager and staff on diagnoses and their manifestation in the home and community.
6. Maintains consistent communication with the clinical consultant assigned to the program.
7. Participates in rotating on-call responsibilities to support the division with regard to MAP. MAP consultants must be available to the division 24/7/365; this position rotates with other MAP consultants.
8. Maintains open communication with the families/ guardians of individuals, the day program staff, and DDS to relay communicate pertinent information pertaining to changes in the individual’s health and medical/psychiatric conditions.
9. Completes pre-admission review of medical history and establishes protocols for prospective individuals who have been referred to Turning Point, Inc. by DDS.
10. Completes state reporting documentation for all individuals on their caseload.
11. Knowledgeable about regulations and statues governing the human right and PBS.
12. Works in a collaborative, team-oriented fashion with the program management and the nursing team.
13. Ensures all recommendations and follow-up treatment is completed in a timely manner.
14. Ensures adherence to all DDS and MAP regulations through training and quality assurance.
15. Attends individual’s medical appointments and related meetings as necessary
· Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
· At least (2) two years nursing experience required; home care and/or case management experience preferred.
· Experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred
· MAP experience preferred (MAP certification or MAP consultant/trainer)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite