Residential Assistant Program Manager - Amesbury (Deaf/Hard of Hearing Female Program)
Performs all Direct Support responsibilities, including assistance with daily living activities such as hygiene, household chores, cooking, shopping, banking, and community activities. Takes a lead role in assuring staff follow all program policies/procedures. Assists with interviewing of candidates and their ensuring adherence to all behavior plans/ISP goals, and data collection. Role models required behavior plans/interventions for staff.
Completes all communication log, shift notes, incident reports, restraint forms, MAP documentation in a timely manner, and assures staff completes all program documentation correctly and efficiently. Assist in menu planning of menus ensuring good dietary and nutritional choices. Assists individuals to medical, dental, psychiatric and other appointments, as assigned by the Program Manager
Engages in a positive manner with the individuals, their families and/or guardians, providers, staff and management.
- Must be able to work Saturdays and Sundays
- Sign Language (ASL) experience is mandatory
- Associates degree or college courses preferred. High school diploma or G.E.D required
- A minimum of three to five years’ direct support residential experience and/or closely related experience working with developmentally disabled individuals
- Prior staff training and/or leadership experience is desirable
- Must possess current First Aid, CPR, MAP, Human Rights Advocate, and PABC certifications and any other certifications as required for the specific position prior to beginning work and continuing of employment
- Responsible for arriving on time and adhering to all program policies and procedures and completion of job tasks
- Ability to engage positively with individuals, their families/guardians, providers, other staff, and management, and role model this behavior for other program staff
- Able to display patience, as well as good comprehension and problem solving skills
- Work in a positive fashion as member of program staff