Individual Support Staff (In Home)
ROLE: Individual Support Staff - In Home
Turning Point, Inc. is a non-profit organization that is committed to providing exceptional services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Turning Point, with its team of dedicated employees, strives to teach, empower and encourage the individuals to be self-confident and to make positive contributions to their communities. In doing so, we remain committed to providing a safe and healthy environment on their journey.
- Provides direct support services in accordance with the individual’s service delivery plan and as directed by the ISS Program Manager and the Coordinator of Program Services
- Maintains telephone contact with the individual(s) supported and provides regular scheduled supervision of these individuals
- Completes bi-weekly progress notes
- Transports individuals to appointments, community outings, or other activities per their service delivery plan
- Attends ISP or other meetings as requested
- Follows the direction of the Program Manager regarding the implementation of ISP goals/ strategies for each individual, and follows the program’s operational policies and procedures as directed by the Program Manager or Coordinator of Program Services
- Performs other duties as assigned by ISS Program Manager and/or the Coordinator of Program Services
- Pass a CORI, Driving Record, and Fingerprinting checks prior to beginning of work and continued employment, as required by the position responsibilities and company policies
- Possession of a current First Aid and CPR certifications and any other certification, as required.
- A minimum of (1) one year work experience with developmentally disabled individuals living in independent settings or related work experience
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend work assignments in English
- Basic math, money counting skills
- Responsible for arriving on time and adhering to all program policies and procedures and completion of job tasks
- Ability to engage positively with individuals, their families/guardians, providers, other staff, and management
- Must have the physical ability to stand and walk frequently during the day, engage in repeated stooping or bending at the waist, AND
- Ability to go up and down stairs several times during the shift
- Limited lifting will be required such as carrying groceries or other light objects
- Must be able to physically ensure the safety of all individuals when in residence or out in the community
- Ability to drive personal care for transportation of individuals to community activities and other engagements, as required
- Must have your own vehicle to transport individuals. Reimbursement for travel is provided.
We believe in empowering our individuals to be the best people they can be. We provide the finest staffing and managerial oversight to ensure the safety of our individuals and offer our staff the proper development tools and training to help them succeed.
*Eligible starting the first day of employment*
- Medical, Dental, Vison
- Flex Spend Account
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 403b Plans
- Up to 140+ hours of PTO available (must be eligible)
- Sign On bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement